So, here we go again. I am on sick leave again from work, due to my escalating levels of stress and my growing hypo-mania. This time, all my colleges at work saw the stress in my face and they noticed how bad I felt, so they recommended me to search psychiatric help. My boss himself, thought it was a good idea to take a break from work and rehabilitate myself during sick leave. I still feel kind of stressed, and it did’t get better when I lost one of m dearest friends from my life.
No, nobody has died, but she got angry at me, and by right, because I had been acting very badly towards her, which made her feel both uncomfortable and irritated. So she decided to remove me as a friend and block me, and the thing is, that I understand her. I have been quite extreme and stressful and a lot of my friendships has been lost as a result of that. This behavior gets even worse when I am in a stressed and manic or depressive period.
With this very expensive lesson, I hope that I have learned something and I hope to become a better person myself and act more in accordance with the social codes we have in this society. I have therefore decided to take serious actions towards myself.
- Stop mansplaining! Involve yourself in matters you understand and stop involve yourself in matters you don’t understand, especially when it comes to educating somebody in something he or she know a lot more about than you.
- Respect when someone says it’s enough! Shut up and step back even if it’s hard to do so!
- Don’t talk with your friends or anybody else about everything if you don’t know that they are okay with it!
- Think before you speak and express yourself clearly to avoid misunderstanding!
- Just because a person says it’s okay, you also have to use common sense in what you do or say to this person. Some people says it’s okay the first time, maybe even the second or third time. In fact some of them just don’t have the courage to say that you are acting inappropriate.
- If you are insecure and don’t know if your actions are okay to others, don’t do it at all. Your insecurity could actually be an indication that you are about to do or say something fishy!
- Be a gentleman. Off course we should have equality and treat men and women equally, but understand that there you might not always talk to woman exactly the same way you talk to your male friends. This is one of my weakness. I often talk to my female friends exactly the way I talk to my male friends, because I don’t treat women and men different, but here you have to use common sense and be a bit sensitive. There is something called men talk and there is something called woman talk and that’s just the way it is and it has to be respected!
- Don’t nuke your friends with new information before they even got a chance to respond to you!
- Don’t use social media to discuss sensitive matters, because it’s easy to be misunderstood in written text, since you cannot hear the intention of the voice.
- When you know that a friend of you have a little depression, don’t give him or her more reasons to be even more depressed!